Wednesday 6 June 2012

Dieting

As you know I've been losing weight. My reason for writing about it on here was because if I wrote it down, I had to do it.

People who start to lose weight have what they call a trigger, this could be one trigger, or several triggers that kick start them into losing weight. I'm guessing the people who stick to it are the ones who remember those triggers and keep them in their mind throughout the journey. I had several triggers that motivated me to diet and I wanted to share them with you.

1. I looked like shit. There is no being nice about it, I did look... like... shit. I've always spent a lot of money on clothes, hair etc but when it got that I spent a fortune and still looked rough, then I needed to do something about it.

2. My second was my friend, she suffered a stroke at 32. She's absolutely fine now and it has done nothing more than given her and the rest of us a massive shake up. She ended up losing 3 stone and I decided that I needed to do it too. I also wanted to support her and the only way I could do that, was to do it with her.

3. I was fat at 30, I'm not going to be fat at 31.

4. I was putting more and more on everytime I went to the hospital. Discussing your weight with someone is just horrible, even if it is a nurse and they've seen it all before it still makes you feel like shit.

5. I was 16 and a half stone, size 22-24 and I couldn't fit into my old clothes.

I did really well on my own at first, losing around 16lbs. I wanted to lose it quicker so I joined Weight Watchers. It's been the best thing I've done. I've lost another 20lbs in 10 weeks on the plan and am really enjoying it. The people are friendly and I'm loving the meetings.

I learned a lot about portion sizes, I'm eating the same amounts of some things, some less but with some foods I'm actually eating more. I was having 25g of cereal and a Weight Watchers portion is 30g so now I'm eating more in the morning which is obviously why I'm not so hungry.

I've given myself lots of small goals to work towards which I think is really important. Before this morning's weigh in my goals were;

1. Lose half a lb and I'll have lost 2 and a half stone altogether.

2. Lose another 2lbs and I get my 3rd silver 7 on Weight Watchers.

3. Another half a lbs and I'll have lost 10% of my body weight on Weight Watchers.

To achieve all these goals I only have to lose 3lbs altogether. Yes the bigger picture is always in the back of my mind. I have another 4 stone to go but that's not a massive problem when you set yourself more obtainable targets.

It's not all about the numbers either, you can get all caught up with numbers and I don't think it's healthy. Clothes and confidence can tell a bigger story.

1. I've bought some size 16 jeans and I can do them up, but they're a bit tight so I'm looking forward to wearing them.

2. I've also got into to nearly all my old clothes.

3. My Mum has taken in several tops and dresses. Around 4 inches of material has been taken off each item.

4. I wanted to buy a top from the New Look Inspire Range in a size 16 only to be told 'I'm sorry madam, the smallest the Inspire Range goes is a size 18!' Well that felt good!

The thing with losing weight is that you have to really want to do it and believe me, I really want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment